It's been just about one year, more than a dozen weddings, and a score of portrait sessions since I started this endeavor. I had a camera, a few years of experience behind it, and a desire to capture the world at people's happiest moments (just about as far away from journalism as I could get).
At the start it was an ad hoc affair, searching high and low for couples willing to take a chance on an unknown quantity. That part of the business hasn't gotten much easier, but I've grown a lot more confident about what I'm selling and I think that has made all the difference.
Of course there have been a few bumps along the road, but each has provided its own particular lesson (never again will I deliver every single photo I shoot, it doesn't help anyone out). While there's still a lot to learn, things are on a much more solid footing and there's a lot of room to grow.
In the past year there have been a lot of changes for me personally and in my business. In such a short time Ryan Richardson Photography has added:
- Great wedding albums to tell the story of your day
- Dozens of printing options
- Special wedding proof packages to share your memories.
- Portrait Photography, including engagement sessions and bridals
- Online preview galleries
- Increased presence on Facebook (including great Facebook deals)
- A great relationship with the Knot Wedding Network (please submit a review if you want to).
In the next few months there are going to be a number of changes:
- The end of August will see a new package for couples looking to get great wedding coverage on their special day.
- In September (crossing my fingers), I'm unveiling a new service to capture your life in pictures.
- Later that month the site will go through a redesign
- October will see the "Bridal Blitz" where I start getting my name out there with other vendors.
- The end of the year will see a change in packages, bringing in new items and giving clients more options.
Of course that's not all, but just a taste of what there is to look forward to over the next few months.